Day 46: Louvre you, Paris

Today was another exciting day, filled with thousands of more steps and places to see. In just two days, we were able to see almost of all of Paris and its beauty.

We had lunch and took a stroll through one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen. It had so much greenery and had what seemed to be a palace in the center. The Luxembourg Garden is in the center of Paris surrounded by all of the busy streets of the city, yet remains remarkably peaceful.


We explored the Notre Dame, traveled to the Louvre, and stopped at the Royal Opera House. It was a magical day. Though we didn't go inside the Notre Dame or the Louvre, we were able to see and experience the art and architecture. Just walking the streets of this city could be my favorite part of the day, as it felt more familiar, like a town or village. There were merchants with little stands up and down these french streets, containing many pieces of art and souvenirs. The streets circle the center of the city and canals are intertwined between surrounded by roads and bridges. Just a day with friends full of exploration was all we needed!


The Royal Opera House is known for holding world-famous ballets, and being a ballet dancer myself, I HAD to see it. It was SO worth it. I even brought home a mini red ballet slipper keychain souvenir. I'm starting to gather red collectables from each country I visit, and this was my french souvenir.

Oh, and who's that? Just C & B on the steps of the Opera House. All smiles here! XOXO, Gossip Girl 

We ended the day with a stop at one of my favorite dessert shops. Ladurée is known for its macaroons and afternoon tea. I first visited Ladurée with my bestie Corrina back in New York just days before my travels to London. The original shop, as you might guess, is in Paris, and I'm so happy I got to see the main store. I love the colors and ambience of the whole place, it is a true Paris gem. And well... since you asked... Vanilla, Salted Caramel, and Lemon are my go-to flavors hehe!

I'm sad to be leaving Paris, but I'm so thankful for this wonderful (hot!) weekend. We traveled back to London through the Eurostar to head home this evening.


Au revoir, France, we will meet again!

CHEERS!
xoxo
♥︎
Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | Instagram

0 Comments