Day 43: Dirty Dancing

TODAY IS THE DAY! As a member of the Secret Group, aka Miss Intern to Secret Cinema... I get to attend the prescreening of our latest and greatest production of Dirty Dancing. I also get to share my experience with one guest, so I chose Erin to tag along on this wild adventure.

Over 1,000 people attended the prescreening, exclusive to friends, family, and insiders of the Secret Group, to enjoy the content of the show with lighter attendance. It was magical. I walked into a completely different era, and I felt apart of the story. Here's me enjoying the yummiest of all ice creams in front of the "dance studio" that I took lessons ;-) This photo sums up most of my day.

Working on site was even longer of a commute for me than the usual day to the office, so Erin & I boogied our way over to Stratford station to pick up a few drinks before taking the bus to the secret meeting spot. Way off, in a land far far away, a park transformed into Kellerman's Lodge & Summer Camp, with toasted marshmallows, chicken fried sandwiches, and luxury doughnuts.

I got a taste of America, and it felt so good. Phones weren't allowed, but we snuck tons of pics to keep memories in tact. Here's a view from our seats for the screening that evening. The actors I met all week have been preparing for this night, and to see them perform on stage, on field, right before my eyes was incredible. I miss the days of theater. 

My favorite part of the night was "sneaking" into Kellerman's Lodge, which was only done with a secret code, so I felt pretty cool. Dancing the night away is my favorite kind of hobby, especially when it's with hot British actors. To sum up, I had the most amazing time seeing a project that was once an idea turn into reality. I shared quality time with my coworkers, boss, and my dear friend, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Let me add, the British accents top everything, and it makes everything 10x better. I love my job, and I love you, England.

Nobody puts Baby in the corner...

CHEERS!
xoxo
♥︎
Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | Instagram

SaveSave
SaveSave

0 Comments