Day 49: An Irish Day of Guinness + O'Neill's

No, we did not go to Ireland, but I wish! Today was a half day at work, and I made my way to Covent Garden for lunch to meet up with Erin before heading home. I stopped by Farmstand, a delicious spot with some yummy food where I had a chicken dish, and of course a side brownie for funsies. For all this walking I've been doing, I treat myself, and it's all good.

After heading home, we had our Wednesday class. But today wasn't just any ordinary class. Our professor took us to the pub around the corner. We spent the late afternoon chatting and bonding with  one another over a handful of beers. I was challenged to give Guinness beer a try for the first time. In short review: not my style, too malty, thick, and dark, but not bad.

I guess this was just the start of how we planned to spend tonight. Apparently, TONIGHT. We RAGE.

A bit much, but hey, our crew was ready to have some fun. Janet's of South Kensington was popping off. An older crowd in a hippie, yet progressive setting. This was the home of our dear bartender, Janet. Us girls enjoyed a nice pink drink (or two... or three) at the bar as a pregame to the real star of the night, O'NEILLS!

I'm the biggest fan of O'Neill's, in case you don't know by now. For anyone who wants to enjoy an amazing night out in London, hit up Chinatown on a Wednesday night. If you're British, expect every American at this bar. My greatest memories have been at this alternative, spunky 3-tiered bar with dancing, live music, and a good time. Get there before 10pm to skip the line, and end the evening at the Chinese restaurant next door for some 2am grub. A quick snap in the Underground featuring Jesse and Justin:

Tonight was fun. As the Brits like to say, we smashed it! ;)

CHEERS!
xoxo
♥︎
Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | Instagram








0 Comments