STAY FIT: My Favorite At-Home Workouts

Happy Friday, loves!

As most of you may have been feeling during this pandemic, I have never felt more out of my usual routine than ever before. Mornings are starting later, social events are completely cut out, and I've spent much more time binge-watching Netflix than ever before. I can't say it's been completely horrible...  I'm finally catching up on Friday Night Lights :-)

Social distancing hasn't ruined my day-to-day, it's just changed. What started out as an emotional roller coaster for me, has turned into a life-changing experience that I am thankful for. I've been lucky enough to share this time with my family back in Arizona, and I feel so grateful to have this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be back in my hometown during such a strange, and long time.

One of the challenges I've faced through this change was health and wellness. More specifically, finding the motivation to dedicate time to my FITNESS. I spent a lot of the beginning of this pandemic indoors, which really heightened my lack of motivation to work out. Back in LA, my routine kept me going. I woke up early, every morning before work, to attend a HIIT boxing class with my roommate. These classes became my new favorite hobby and absolute BEST workouts I've ever had.

You can only imagine how 3 months without my fave daily boxing classes could have taken a toll on my fitness motivation. I decided to CHOOSE not to give up and ADAPT my fitness routine while being home. At the end of the day, all you need is movement. My body craves it, especially now more than ever before, and it doesn't need a daily boxing class to keep it healthy. After being exposed to so many at-home workouts, I thought I would share my ways to move and stay fit during the pandemic. 

These are my favorite at-home workouts that I've adapted into my daily routine since the pandemic:

YOGA - @CAITLINBARNER + @KATIEALHADEFF
My all-time favorite yogi's (who also double as my BFF's) are Caitlin (@CaitlinBarner) and Katie (@KatieAlhadeff) from CorePower Yoga in Phoenix. Since the beginning of this pandemic, I have them to thank for keeping me active and fit. I tried yoga a few times before, but these girls kept me in a routine, craving yoga every week! They have hosted weekly Instagram Lives featuring their Set + Flow Yoga Sculpt class, perfect to tone and challenge your body to a sweat-off. These girls can really get you moving, and they are SO motivating. If you are looking for a workout to increase flexibility and strength, join them in the CorePower Yoga Studio (now open) in Phoenix or on their Instagram.



SWIMMING
Vitamin D is sooo important to boost your immune system, so I strongly encourage to get some sun once a day (of course, with the appropriate SPF sunscreen - protect your skin). Swimming is the best exercise to treat yourself on a hot summer day, and if you are lucky enough to live with a pool, or by the beach, take advantage of the body of water! Swimming is a great way to pump the oxygen through your body and keep your lungs healthy.


HIKING
Arizona has the most beautiful hikes, and I feel lucky to have been able to explore so many during this quarantine. Instead of the usual social activities, I have dedicated my weekends to exploring new heights... literally. Consider going on a hike each weekend with a family member. Treat yourself to some intense cardio, an abundance of fresh air, and of course a beautiful view! Places I've been: Wet Beaver Creek (Rimrock, AZ), Coconino National Forest (Pine, AZ), Papago Park (Phoenix, AZ), Sara's Crack (Lake Havasu, AZ)


WALKING (THE DOG)
When it's not 100ºF at 8AM in the morning (yes, it can get that hot), I love to go for a 45min walk with my dog before I start my day. In my neighborhood, there are many hills with intense inclines, so I definitely feel a burn. Just fast-walking or adding in a jog is a great way to keep your body moving and up your cardio. Keep your heart healthy and your dog happy!


PAMELA REIF - YOUTUBE
My new favorite YouTube channel is Pamela Reif's! She has the best at-home workouts and stretching routines. I've become addicted to her workout challenges, and I really can't stop. Whether you are looking for a beginner or an intense exercise, Pamela has a variety of options to choose from. She even has Happy Dance classes that are perfect to get your body moving in a fun way. My favorite is the 12-Min Medium Ab workout. Give it a try, you may regret it ;)


SUMMER JURASZEK - IGTV
If you don't already follow her on Instagram, you should. Summer (@SummerJuraszek) posts short, yet satisfying, workouts derived from her background in Pilates on her Instagram TV. These exercises are perfect to use between lunch breaks or after a long day, or paired with one another for a longer period. These workouts are focused on intense, slow pulsed movements, perfect to TONE your muscles. She is motivating and has the most positive attitude. She also shares recipes of her favorite healthy snacks and meals. So proud of her for following her dream, go Summie! 


I have adapted my daily rituals to explore these new hobbies and develop habits that have actually helped me overall. Even if you only dedicate 15 minutes in your day to one of these exercises, you are moving. Always practice self-love. You can implement these short and easy exercises into your daily routine to keep your body toned and strong. 

I hope this inspires you to get up and move. You are BEAUTIFUL!

xoxo

♥︎
Youtube Instagram Pinterest Tumblr | Twitter

0 Comments