Day 48: The Hottest Day of the Year

Wow today was the HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR.

Literally though... My day was insanely warm. For those of you who don't know, it's not common to have air conditioning in the Europe. It's definitely a fine luxury to have some sort of controlled temperature on the air that vacates the building.

This is so new for me, as I grew up in Arizona where if the AC ever went out, you evacuate immediately. I spent the day running around town with the one job: pick up fans. Fans as in the cooling act of a wind turbine that will make the room cold. Well, not cold, but at least less warm.

Anyway, I went from store to store, up and down the streets on a hunt for some fans, and surprisingly, they were not as easily accessible as you'd think. In America, you can pop into a Target or Walmart, and there will probably be at least 3 different varieties of options. In the UK, there isn't a building or store as big as a Target, so the options are slim to none. I called multiple stores and ended up at a manufacturer that would order it to my office door... tomorrow. We needed it today.

Luckily, I ended up finding a sketchy store on the streets of I don't even know where. I located 2 fans, only 2. They required assembly, and I required a car to get back to the office in time for afternoon. My boss was able to snag a transport for me to get back to the office with 2 large fans in hand.

The assembly was tricky as well... but as you may have guessed, the intern pulled it together, aka me! Alas, cold air was breezing through the small, sweaty office space. I think I at least deserved an applause. Unfortunately I have no photo for proof of my final product, so enjoy yet another photo of a building in the hot summer of London.

I ended the evening with a group dinner at the Italian restaurant, Da Mario. This place is known for being Princess Diana's favorite, and it lived up to its expectations. DELICIOUS.

The sole organization of this trip was held through our advisor, Vannessa. She flew into London for just a few short days to visit us and catch up on our adventures. I was so delighted to see her. She has made me feel so thankful for her and this opportunity to live in London. I wouldn't have been introduced to the program if it weren't for her and her guidance. Long live the queen! Long live Vannessa!

CHEERS!
xoxo
♥︎
Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | Instagram

0 Comments